First, I want to wish you all a very happy new year. May your life and lives of your loved ones be filled with joy and health.
Most importantly, may your capacity expand to make a difference in your life, in the lives of those that matter to you and in the world.
Now, what can you do to expand your capacity in 2008?
Here are some thoughts:
The very first thing to do is to make an assessment of your current capacity to make a difference in your life and in the world. Without knowing where you are, it is hard to create a plan to get to where you want to go. Your current capacity will be directly proportional to the combination of the following:
* Your personal brand – How much of “who you are” to the world really matters?
* Your network of relationships – how many influencers can you influence?
* Your skills and knowledge – Are the current skills and knowledge you have “relevant” to the marketplace?
* Your track record – Are your accomplishments in the recent past significant enough?
* Your teachers and mentors – Whose help are you taking to BECOME better?
* Your wealth – Whether you like it or not, your current wealth will make a big impact on what you do and how you think. Are you happy with where you are in this department?
* Your thinking – Is your thinking sophisticated enough to “out-think” a significant number of people?
* Your attitude – Is it taking you places or is it only providing you excuses for not going places?
Now, add your own ingredients to the recipe of your capacity. With that, you should know where you stand. Whether you are happy with your current capacity or not, you can always “expand” it in 2008.
The next thing is to see what you can do in 2008 to tweak the above parameters (including your own items) so that by the end of 2008, you have made a significant positive difference to your capacity.
It may change your focus on several things. For example on
* what you read and learn
* who you are with
* how you are organized
* whether you will continue with your current job or look for a new one
* where you will invest and how much
There is no template that will work for everyone. You are unique and your plan will be unique. Create a plan that you are comfortable with being accountable for and make it happen
You owe it to yourself and your family and to this world.
Here is to a fantastic 2008!