Imitation as a strategy is doomed from the beginning.
Mini Saga #84 – Imitation
The new gizmo bombed. Brad was devastated. He had spent sixteen months building it copying the current offering from the market leader. Even then, the gizmo was dead on arrival. The reason? On the previous day, another player announced a product that made the current offerings from both companies irrelevant.
1. A mini saga is a story told in exactly 50 words. Not 49 or 51 but exactly 50.
2. You can download a photographic manifesto of Mini Sagas at ChangeThis. Here is the link – Mini Sagas: Bite-sized Wisdom for Life and Business (PDF, 2.9MB).
3. For a complete list of Mini Sagas, please see the entire list here or at Squidoo.
4. Photo courtesy: Mohammed AL-Awadi on Flickr
5. Thanks to Fabian Kruse for the prompt