You have a dream and you may not be able to pursue it right now. There may be a really good reason for it. The reason may be one or more of the following:
* Don’t have enough money
* It’s too risky and you just started a family
* The timing is not right
* You have not found the right team to start something.
* You were just about to start something and somebody else beat you to it. Now there is no point in pursuing it anymore.
* You are very busy with your current projects and obligations and don’t want to take on any more things.
* Your wife/husband is not convinced about your idea.
* Your wife/husband is fully convinced and now it seems like it’s too good to be true.
* Everything seems to be right. You want to find someone who will play devil’s advocate so that you don’t get burned later.
The reasons are good enough to NOT act. When you don’t find good enough reasons to NOT act, you can always ask one of your friends who is in the same boat for his or her opinion and you will be given one or two reasons. The point is you never have to feel guilty that you are not acting.
You will always find one more reason to NOT act – from someone that you trust.
I remember this brilliant quote by Henry Ford –
“If you think you can do a thing or think you can’t do a thing, you’re right”
The secret is not in seeing whether you have good reason to NOT act. You will always have one or more reasons for that. There is a lot of help out there in that department.
The secret is to see what reasons ( please read: the legs) can you find to pursue your dream against the (typically perceived) odds against pursuing the dream.
The trick is to change the mindset – from looking for reasons to NOT act to looking for reasons to act.
Good luck and have a great week ahead.